Every gym lover is familiar with products like pre-workout supplements, weight gainers, and fat burners. If you have ever stepped into a gym, you must have seen bulky people taking sips of these products. These products help them achieve their goal. Although these products are trendy, many people do not know about them. In this blog, we will know about weight gainer protein in detail.
What are Weight Gainers?
Weight gainers are more commonly known as Mass gainers. It is a combination of various proteins designed to help a person gain weight. This protein powder has ample calorie counts that aim to help add muscle to the consumer's body. These mass gainers are more competent than any other ordinary protein supplements. These products are primarily designed for bodybuilders who need more muscle mass than an average gym person.
Benefits of Weight Gainer:
- You may quickly gain fat
- Boost workout performance
- Aids in muscle growth and recovery
- It contains a good amount of carbohydrates
- Excellent source of vitamins and minerals too
- It helps you keep leaner
- Help you to fulfill your every day caloric requirements
- Specially formulated fats help you stay leaner
- Meet your creatine needs more effectively
- Building muscles during intense workouts or training sessions
- It provides fibers and helps in the removal of toxins from the body
Excessive use of mass gainers can affect your body that including strokes, fatigue, fever, kidney damage, blood clots in the lungs, a yellow tinge to the skin, chest pain, nausea, abdominal pain, shortness of breath, blood clots in the deep veins, weakness, discolored urine, heart attacks.
Nutritional Content & Common Formulations:
Mass gainer and other standard protein powders resemble each other, but some key distinctions separate their function and formulation. A weight gainer's calorie, protein, and carbohydrate counts are always higher than in standard protein powders. These extra nutrients help in adding critical body mass to a bodybuilder.
The essential thing in mass gaining is the caloric content; it helps gain mass rapidly. Always opt for mass gainers that have high caloric content. A Mass gainer provides three times more calories than a standard protein powder in each serving. The high number of calories is the only factor behind the positive results for a person while using these gainers. But high calories are not always beneficial, and you must consume a limited amount of mass gainers.
Most standard powders extract total calories from protein. But a mass gainer brings the extra caloric content from predominantly added carbohydrates. Corn syrup, Maltodextrin, and other sugary content are abundant in mass gainers. These contents are easily digestive and do not make the powder too thick or unmixable.
Fat & Other Additives:
These contents are not present in a high quantity as carbohydrates. But their quantity is higher in weight gainer than standard protein powders. In standard protein powders, most fats come from dairy products. These weight gainers also have high cholesterol and sodium, complementing any high-calorie count dietary product.
The essential factor of a good mass gainer has a high-calorie count. But ingesting high calories doesn't necessarily mean you will get any nutritional value. To complete a Grassfed whey protein powder dietary package, most brands include beneficial additives such as omega-3 fatty acids, CLA and Vitamin E, BCAAs, vitamins, creatine monohydrates, etc.
Here are a Few Tips For Online Purchases:
- Choose as per your preferences
- Steer clear of supplements that do not provide content details
- Skip dubious ingredients, including kava, bitter orange, Contaminated L-tryptophan, Chromium
- Check a range of reviews of the sites.
- Research and read about the particular product
- Do not believe in false claims
- Powders are better than capsules, and capsules are better than tablets.
- Choose a reputable brand or store
- Compare products and brands
- Avoid free supplements
- Start taking one supplement at a time if you are a beginner.
- Low cost does not guarantee quality
- Search about seller and source of manufacturing
Every product has some pros and some cons; it usually depends on the user's tolerance toward the product. Before taking any weight gainer, the consumer must consult their doctor. They can suggest to them if they have any health conditions or not. Always listen to your doctor's advice before ingesting any dietary supplements.
*Pro tip: Do not purchase a product because it says Natural. Research the product before investing in it.